Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Moving!

So my husband and I recently moved, by recently I mean in December. Our home is currently in different stages of put togetherness. Our kitchen is pretty much the way it will be for the next 30 years or so. Our dinning room still needs a table and for some pictures to be hung up, but over all it seems ready. Our living room is about as good as it's going to get for now. Our bedroom and other rooms well they still have boxes needing to be dealt with. Which brings me to why I am thankful for not having children yet. Moving is hard enough with it's packing and unpacking. Moving from one home to another means cleaning, packing, freaking out about a million times about time. I hate moving! It's hard enough with animals that you are trying to keep from escaping, but I cannot imagine children in that mix. First of all I can't lock them in a room while I move the other rooms, that is a little too child abusive even for me. Second I can't have them help lift anything when they are young so they don't do me much good. :0) Plus all the TOYS! It's bad enough I have enough clothes to last me a life time, and the shoes to match but legos and baby toys UGH! That is just the moving out portion! 
Now onto the moving in part. As two adults with no children Jon and I are able to wait and take our time getting our house in order. With kids all things must be put up or stored away immediately! You can't leave your pictures sitting below the spot you want to hang them without fear of them being broken or smashed. Also kids do not do well in chaos, which is what the upstairs is looking like right now. So I am thankful that I can keep some normalcy for Jon and I and not have to hurry up with this getting things put away for the kids. Until I get one of those sweet little babies in my arms I am for now thankful for not having to move with a child!   

No comments:

Post a Comment