Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Being infertile in the digital age

I often wonder if it's better or worse being infertile now with so much technology. 
It's good in that there are communities of people that are going through a similar situation as you are. You have access to all kinds of information about infertility. You can also look up doctors and find other people that help those of us with infertility. 

Now for the bad.
There is all kinds of information out there about infertility. 
There is Facebook! This is a wonderful tool when you want to keep up with people you have met or knew from a year's ago. It sucks horribly when your news feed is filled with people announcing their pregnancies, baby pictures, and pictures of their children. I often have to mark these things as "I don't want to see." Other times I have to unfriend people completely. This is in no way means I don't love these people it's just that I have to do this for my own sanity. 
Everyone wants to help or say they understand what you are going through. But they can't and they don't. Sorry but it's true. Love you all but the reality is most people don't understand. 
Let's get back to Facebook. It has been a really hard place for me. It's where I find out everyone else is having a baby but us. Ok so that is an exaggeration but that is how that it feels. Which is why I am having a hard time and wondering if being infertile is easier or harder with the Internet. 
Just know the second we find out we are pregnant that will be all over Facebook! Until then my little angels mommy and daddy love you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment