Monday, January 28, 2013

Feeding Time

In my previous post I commented on sleeping and having a schedule that is all my own, this post shall be about that all important feeding schedule! With children there comes feeding times, as a couple Jon and I are not very good at keeping a schedule for dinner or lunch or any other meal for that matter. As I am writing this it is 9:46 p.m. and we have yet to have dinner. We decided it would be best to just eat some apple slices and toast since it's so late. In our defense we did have a late lunch of pepperoni and bacon pizza, homemade. This got me thinking about how different our meal schedule would have to be if we had a child. There would have to be a breakfast time, a lunch time, and a dinner time. Basically it's awesome to be able to skip a meal and not be considered a child abuser. Child abuse and child neglect are no laughing matter, but in this case it is just an example of how extreme our eating habits are. We also are not very good about eating healthy food items, you should see some of the things Jon makes/eats, it can be very scary! For instance one of his favorite things to make when he is in a hurry is a romen noodle pack lightly boiled then fried with an egg going through it. I am not a fan of this concoction but to each his own. I personally am a fan of the queso dip and chips for dinner. This kind of eating would never fly with a child in the home. I had the wonderful experience to babysit one of the best kids in the world over the summer and I had a hard time keeping a schedule for her. Although I had a hard time keeping a schedule I did make sure she had fruits and vegetables and such while my own lunch was lacking in the same nutritional value. Another wonderful thing about not having children is I eat what I want when I want it. Jon and I are fortunate enough to be able to eat out whenever we want and at what ever restaurant we want. It truly is amazing to be so flexible. I know that children are not inflexible screaming monsters but it is true that going out and taking your time when eating with young children can be very trying and doesn't happen all that often. So this day I am thankful for the opportunity to eat when, what and where I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment