Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Career
One great thing about not having children is that Jon and I do not have to choose between our family and our career. Now I know that I will get some crap for this but I am trying to be honest here, we all know that some sacrifices must be made in either direction when children come along. Right now I do not have to make any choices about finishing my masters or starting another degree or not because I have children at home that I want to see. Jon does not have to worry about me being alone with our children while he goes off to play gigs. I can be apart of his career as well, going to his gigs without having to find a baby sitter or some way to bring the children along. Most night clubs and bars are not that cool with you bringing your children to them. As a teacher I often find myself spending long hours at school after my students have gone home, with either my own work or parent/teacher conferences. Jon has to start working at around 3:30 so this would be a difficult task for us if I had to stay after school for meetings and he had to go to work. All this comes down to is finding a sitter or day care or something of the like, but my friends we all know these things are not without cost. So by not having children yet we are theoretically saving money on babysitting. We are also saving my sanity too, having to rush from one place to the next is not my cup of tea. I like to know I can take my time and get where I need to on my schedule. Again I am not saying I wouldn't sacrifice but are you telling me you wouldn't kill for a little extra time? I would and I have no children. Bottom line I feel it's a blessing at this point in our lives that we do not have to worry about babysitters, daycare, and the added expense. I get to support my husband and he gets to support me both financially and emotionally for all our big and small events.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment